Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Forgiveness

Carrying around a grudge can really drag us down. It gets heavier with time. After a while, we get used to the weight, almost dependent on it. But when we allow ourselves to let go of that grudge, that anger, our load (and lordy knows we all have a load to carry around in this life) is suddenly lighter. It might be weird, it might even be uncomfortable at first. But believe me...in the long run, it's WAY better. And yes, I am speaking from experience (said the old woman).

This beautiful "subtitled" music video says it all. I defy you not to cry.


This Picture

3 comments:

Luna said...

I didn't watch the video--I don;t want to cry..no thanks....but you are 100% correct here, Toni.

Did you happen to watch "House" last night?

Very interesting....the point he made at the end, about the things that are supposed to make you feel better (mainly retribution--even if it's justified), and how they rarely make you feel the way you think they will.

You can do all you like on the outside, but if you can't deal with what's inside, you're doomed.

Natasha Beccaria said...

What a great video. I didnt have the sound on, but thank god for subtitles.

It made me think of the episode of Grey's Anatomy last night. Definitely a mother-daughter episode. I cried.

Nan Patience said...

Interesting...