Saturday, December 16, 2006

No witty title, just happy happy

It's been a while since my last post...been pretty busy. Now with the holidays upon us and this ridiculous weather. How can I get in the festive Christmas mood when it's 60 degrees outside? My grandson flew into town with his mom, my son's girlfriend, a real doll, so tomorrow they will be joining us to decorate our tree. I'm really looking forward to that. Saw Janice again today! We were joking about seeing each other twice in a few weeks already. She and her friend Diane came to a performance of A Roaring Twenties Holiday with Dorothy Parker and Daisy Buchanan today. I was Dorothy Parker. She is really a great character to play. Of course, since it's dinner theatre (or really, more like lunch theatre), it's not really acting, more like performing, but it's a lot of fun. Especially since I am more than a bit tipsy. But it was great to see her. And hoo boy, they confirmed how "hefty" I've been getting lately. I do plan on getting strict about losing the weight again after the holidays. I feel very matronly these days and I can't have that.
So, if I don't post beforehand, I'd like to wish everyone a peaceful, joyful and meaningful Christmas, Channukah, Winter Solstice, or whatever you may be celebrating this time of year, and also a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year. For all, I wish for peace in 2007.

3 comments:

Nan Patience said...

It has been a while, and we've missed you, ya little hussy.

Luna said...

Yeah-this weather is making me batty too!!!!

Would have loved to see thatDorothy Parker thing, the times were just not something I could make. I am trying to get some chicks together for the V monologues though......I like receiving your theater newsletter, Toni, nice job!

TM said...

Well, it looks like sun today. I just hope I can get out from in front of this dang 'puter. Got some stuff I gotta do.

Thanks, Deb! I hope you can make it there, too! Keep an eye out for even more cool events for good causes!