Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Good News and the Bad News...

I know, I’ve been gone quite awhile. I feel like I’ve been sick for months! The day after my birthday, right after my second to last post, I had a very weird episode. For some reason, we still don’t know why, my body became dehydrated (despite the three bottles of water I had already drunk) – my heart rate shot up to the 140s (nearly double normal), my blood pressure was nearly inaudible (they eventually got a reading of 90 over 70), I was exhausted and short of breath. Ended up in the hospital for a couple of days. The good news is, turns out my heart is healthy and strong. What most likely happened is that the dehydration triggered a misfire in my heartbeat that started the whole racing heartbeat and low blood pressure. I'm on medication to keep it that way for now...but we still don't know what made me dehydrated. It's a mystery. THEN I came down with a crummy summer cold last week. So this is why I’ve been MIA. I feel like this week I am finally re-entering the world after a long time underground!

The bad news is...here is something scary I recently learned:

INTERNET DOOMSDAY CREEPS CLOSER

Steve Watson, Infowars.net, Monday, June 4, 2007

“Recent proposals in the U.S. Congress are taking a huge swipe at freedom in America once again by aiming to impose multiple different forms of crippling taxation and restriction on users of the internet.

“State and local governments this week resumed a push to lobby Congress for far-reaching changes on two different fronts: gaining the ability to impose sales taxes on Net shopping, and being able to levy new monthly taxes on DSL and other Internet-service connections. One senator is even predicting taxes on e-mail, reports CNet.”

How did I not hear about this until just now? It's bad enough we have to pay to access the Internet, but now they are going to TAX us to get here? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

4 comments:

Nan Patience said...

What a shame if all of the entrepreneurism, communication, and excitement of the internet got shut down by our own government.

Please don't get me started.

TM said...

Wait, isn't that what blogs are supposed to do...get you/us started??? ;)

Natasha Beccaria said...

WHAT???? tax on email? I dont think so. Who do i write to about this absurd legislation?

glad you're feeling better. Ceil told me you were in the hospital so i came right to your blog to see what was up.

Luna said...

That's bullsh*t. I won't stand for it (because I'd be SO poor it's not even funny)...

Big Brother baby, we're closer than we think.