Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful?

Okay, looking at today as simply a day that we take stock of what we are thankful for, I thought I'd see if I could do just that. The first thing that comes to mind is I am VERY thankful for a husband who not only cooks, but is creative about it and enjoys it. He;s been cooking and baking for the last couple of days and I can't wait to dig in!
I am thankful that my son is happy with his little family and has a girlfriend (soon to be a wife, I hope) who I adore, and who seems to be turning out to be a truly wonderful mom. When I text messaged Devin this morning, he called me back right away. I was surprised because it was pretty early in AZ. The three of them were out delivering meals on wheels to homebound old folks. How cool a tradition is that for them to create for their son?! Later this afternoon they are going to her aunt's house for a big family dinner. This Christmas , they aren't flying here, but staying home to have their first family Christmas in their own home. That's as it should be, but I will miss them alot.
I am also thankful that my Dad has a companion for holidays down in Florida. That's too darn far away, but that's where he wants to be.
I am thankful that the worst thing that happened to us this year was my broken foot.
Other things I feel thankful for:
  • my beloved kids, Devin and Marisa
  • Zeppelin, my adorable, brilliant and multi-talented (but of course) grandson and his beautiful and brilliant mom, Rachel
  • my cat, Jack (he's my baby) and a giant dog, King, to protect me
  • my friends (they are the best)
  • that husband I mentioned earlier (he's the bestest)
  • the extra pumpkin pie stuff he baked in a dish and I'm eating right now (yum!)
  • that I have a home and enough to eat
  • that I can start listening to Christmas songs soon!! (they put me in such a good mood)
  • my (basically good) health
  • getting to work on the Teeny Awards
  • that I have a working vehicle
  • music, theatre, art, books, films
  • being able to walk, talk, see, hear, feel, smell, taste...I don't often think about these things, but it kind of just hit me now, trying to think of things. Life would be so hard without these things. Oh, and my hands, too.
  • my childhood
  • my family
  • did I say my friends?
    I'm sure there are more things, but I think I've listed the most important ones. So, have you given any thought today to what you are most thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey TM,

Here is my list of what I am thankful for:

1) Being a Mom!!!

2) My family Kim & Sky and our four cats Miss Sara, Elly, RJ & CC

3) My health

4) The ability to constantly change for the better. Reconizing when I am wrong and making changes.

5) Owning my own Company

6) The beautiful house I purchased three years ago.

7) Choosing to see things in a brighter light rather than focusing on the negative.

8) Football

9) The ability to cook

10) The ability to know when to let go of things that are no longer healthy in my life

11) Last but not least giving God all the credit for what I have because without him/her I am no one.

Thanks for letting me share :)