Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm still here!

Yeah, I know...I haven't been around her much lately. I've been busy with writing and theatre. We have three productions coming up: "Hate Mail" next weekend. It's a hilarious spin-off from "Love Letters." Then mid-September, we have "300 Stories of Sag Harbor." But Stacy's and my latest and biggest project is "Homofiles." We've been developing this play [and here is some text from the intro letter we've developed] with the goal of significantly raising awareness and understanding of gay and lesbian, bisexual and transgender life as a normative state; exploring how and why discrimination and violence still exists here; and illuminating what sometimes lies beneath the thin veneer of liberality. The play will be monologue-driven and feature several adult actors portraying a multitude of roles. We plan to use the historic success of “Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues” as the inspiration to create a springboard for dialogue among diverse audiences.

The foundation of the play is built on actual interviews we've been conducting with men and women of wide ranging ages and ethnicities. It will give voice to the various dimensions of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender life in America.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to. And looking for a real job. Since theatre just doesn't pay. Just in case anyone wondered...

4 comments:

Luna said...

Hey Toni-glad to see these projects coming to life. Looking forward to the Homophiles production especially, sounds like it will be enlightening.

And yes, I wondered what you were up to..LOL

MamaCole said...

I was wondering too. Glad to hear from you. I'm looking for a job too. I was gonna ask you...

Natasha Beccaria said...

I saw your face in some local publication about meeting fellow You Tubers and meant to email you.

Pretty cool!

kristinb said...

Wow! That sounds like a really cool production! I'll look around your blog, but where in the world are you located? I'd love to see your show! My guess is that you are nowhere near here (near Portland, OR). Break a leg with the show though. It sounds awesome!