Friday, July 28, 2006

I Caved

My friend, Nancy, has been hounding me to start a blog. I've resisted. I mean, why do I want what is essentially a diary made public? Yesterday, when I gave her my usual excuses, she shot back, "It can be whatever you want! Write about movies and books." Hmmm. Now she had my interest. So, I finally caved. It's 11pm on a Friday night, my honey is sound asleep after working a long hard day in this heat, and I can't sleep. Nothin' on TV and even computer games have me bored.

And here I sit trying to think of something to write. I haven't seen many films lately. Some fun stuff on TV. I am about 2/3 finished with Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. I think I like it better that DaVinci Code. A student of mine (I teach acting) is going to lend me her copy of Sean Astin's bio. She's nearly finished and she says it's really interesting. Titled something like "And Actor's Tale. Half the book is about his experiences working on Lord of the Rings. Gotta tell my friend, Bonnie, about that one. She is a hardcore Rings fan.

I did see an interesting film a while back called "Thumbsucker." Odd, but pretty interesting. And "History of Violence" with Viggo Mortenson and Maria Bello. When the film finally explodes into the inevitable, it's kind of hard to watch. But the acting was amazing...everyone.

You see, that's the trick about these things. You start writing about stuff, and it starts to turn into sharing very personal things you wouldn't share with strangers. But the solitary act of writing on your computer can make your forget that what you are writing will go to a place where anyone in the world can stumble upon it. Don't you think that's kind of scary?

Well, before I start philosophizin', I'll end this now. Next time I post, maybe I'll have more "kulchuh" to write about. :)

7 comments:

Nan Patience said...

Hurray!! This is great! You can write about theatre, acting, movies, plays, what they say to us, what they failed to say. I'd like to know more about Jim Boy's working and sleeping habits, little Jack, big King, how that big old house of yours is coming along. Now we gotta figure out the best way to get your blog read by other people who live for theatre... hmmm. Start by telling everyone you know.

Nan Patience said...

Oh, and all the great shows you watch on HBO, etc. Everyone loves to compare notes on those!

Anonymous said...

I finally get a glimpse into the life of an artistic whirlwind! Love your energy! I always have!!

Anonymous said...

You write just as you are. I can see your fingers feverishly hitting the keyboard. I wish I had the energy you seem to exude!

I'm not a Woody Allen fan either. His humor is so dry I need a cold drink and some moisturizer after a viewing!

TM said...

That is HILARIOUS! Thanks! I gotta remember that one! Keep them funny posts comin'!

Anonymous said...

Going to see the Ducks play on Aug 15th...........catch you there?

TM said...

I'll be seeing lots of anonymouses. I dunno who you are, so I couldn't say. :)